🠈 Leavitt Group 🠊
The Leavitt Group is a family of insurance agencies started by Dixie Leavitt in 1952.
They expanded into Nevada in 1959. In 1979 they created the Leavitt Group Agency Association (LGAA) to provide additional resources for its member agencies. They had grown to 29 agencies by 1989.
In 1993. Dixie's son Michael Okerlund Leavitt (1951-present) was elected the Utah State Governor. Mike Leavitt later served as the United States Secretary of Health and Human Services under President George Walker Bush. Mike Leavitt established a policy analysis group called Leavitt Partners.
By 2017, the Leavitt Group had grown to 135 locations and is the 13th largest independent insurance agency. Some of the agencies, such as GBS Benefits enhance the core insurance products with additional HR services.
This section lists links to corporate events investments as I come across them.
- 2015: Leavitt Partners and Sorenson Capital invest in Rural Physicians Group.
- Health Catalyst is creating a cloud-based data warehouse to help clinicians data-mine health care information.
- Wikipedia - Mike Leavitt (Drawn 12/4/2017)
- Phoenix Color - Finance: Powers-Leavitt
- Durango Colorado - Finance: Leavitt Four Corners
- Cedar City - Finance: Leavitt Group
- Provo Utah - Insurance: Leavitt Insurance
- Salt Lake Sites - Human Resources: GBS Benefits
- Sanpete County - Sanpete County Color: Leavitt Ins. Agency of Central UT
- Vernal, Utah. US - Finance: GBS Benefits
- Wasatch Color - Finance: Wasatch Leavitt Insurance